In the heart of the 'Endless Mountains' of Sullivan County, lies the small hamlet of Forksville, with its' population of 61 and its' historic covered bridge. The bridge was built in 1850 by Sadler Rogers using the Burr Arch design and refurbished in the 1980's. The bridge length is 146 feet and the width is 15 feet. It is in good structural condition withstanding daily heavy vehicle traffic. The covered bridge is the shortest route to the general store located in 'downtown' Forksville. It is owned by the state and crosses the Loyalsock Creek.